Car Accident Attorney
Strength. Experience. Heart.
18 Years of Experience Helping Injured Auto Accident Victims in the state of georgia
Car accidents are unfortunate situations that can leave you or a loved one with minor or major injuries. However, the law aims to protect injured individuals as much as possible, allowing them the right to file a civil claim for damages to compensate for things like medical bills and pain and suffering. Davis Injury Firm has helped thousands of injured victims throughout our 18 years of practice, and we know how to fight aggressively against the insurance companies and the defendant causing the injury. We like to take on hard cases, and we will put up a competitive fight to obtain the damages you need to recover.
Georgia civil courts allow a person who is injured by another person or business's negligence to can recover damages against any the at-fault party. What this means is that when someone is hurt because someone failed to be careful or follow the rules, the injured person can obtain compensation from the at-fault party for acting negligently. The "damages" typically come in the form of monetary award, which includes compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Car Accident Claims - How to Negotiate with Insurance Companies
A car accident insurance claims adjuster will negotiate the initial settlement for the case based on how the insurance company evaluates the case. Many cases do not even proceed to court if the parties involved agree on the settlement negotiated at this stage. As a result, it is particularly important to have a strategic car accident attorney in Atlanta, GA who knows how to negotiate your case with the insurance company in order to maximize your recovery.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover After a Car Accident?
There are different types of damages car accident injury victims may claim:
- Special damages – lost wages, medical bills, property damage
- General damages – pain and suffering, disfigurement, permanent disability, physical impairment, diminished quality of life
- Punitive damages – to be paid by the at-fault party and ordered as punishment for their actions
Some states implement caps on the maximum amount of damages an injured party may recover. Georgia does not have a cap on compensatory damages, but punitive damages are limited to $250,000.
- Avoid Admitting Blame. This includes saying seemingly innocuous things like “I’m sorry” to the other driver. Be cautious in anything you say while still making sure that you and the other driver get help.
- Call the Police. If you are able to do so move your vehicle to the side of the road and call the police to file an accident report. The details of this report establish a record of the accident that is crucial for your insurance claim. When in doubt about whether an accident is serious enough to warrant an accident report, always err on the side of caution and call the police.
- Document the Scene. Take pictures of your injuries, the damage to your vehicle, surrounding road conditions, and any other detail that may be relevant to show how or why an accident occurred. You may even wish to take down the names and contact information of any witnesses that may be able to provide a statement.
- Seek Medical Care. Even if you don’t immediately feel hurt, you may have still suffered an injury, The worst thing you can do is not see a doctor after a car accident; neglecting to receive care can not only harm your wellbeing in the coming days and weeks, it can also harm your insurance claim.
- Keep Track of Your Costs. Keep records and receipts of all costs you have incurred as a result of your accident, such as medical bills or car repair quotes. This will make it easier to properly valuate your claim.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer. An auto accident attorney is specially trained to help injury victims pursue maximum compensation for their injuries. While working with a lawyer is not mandatory, it is highly inadvisable to attempt to handle a complex claim on your own, particularly after an accident that caused serious injury or property damage.
- A Lawyer that Stands By Her Clients Every Step of the Way I have represented thousands of individuals navigate difficult times in their lives and have learned to skillfully and aggressively work a case while still maintaining a commitment to my clients to be communicative and compassionate. Meet Attorney Davis
Airport Slip & Fall Settlement
Nail Salon Slip & Fall Settlement
Construction Site Accident Settlement
Under Georgia law, the statute of limitations, or deadline to file a car accident lawsuit, is 2 years from the date of the incident. If the car accident caused death, the deceased individual’s family members may instead want to file a wrongful death lawsuit, which has a statute of limitation of 2 years from the date of the person’s death.
If an injured victim seeks to file a lawsuit for vehicle damage caused by the accident, they have 4 years from the date of the accident to do so.
Choosing the Right Atlanta Car Accident Attorney
It’s best to start sooner than later on a car accident lawsuit, even if you anticipate resolving your case in a car insurance settlement. The car accident attorneys at the Davis Injury Firm can take a more detailed look at your case to discuss your next steps and how we can champion for maximum damages.
Whether you are only suffering some damage to your car or have endured a seriously debilitating injury, we are more than prepared to fight assertively for your car accident case against insurance and in court.
What You Get When You Hire Us
Over 18 Years of Experience
Thousands of Injured Victims Helped
Straight Forward and Honest Advice
Passionate About Fighting for the Underdog
Having represented thousands of individuals throughout Georgia for over 18 years, Betty Nguyen Davis has the skillset and experience to handle all types of personal injury cases no matter how complex they are. Just as important, she possesses the emotional intelligence required for walking clients through what sometimes can be a difficult legal process.Get the Help You Needed Today