1. Do I Need A Lawyer To Handle My Case?
Whether you are able to handle a personal injury claim without a lawyer depends on the circumstances of your case. In cases where the injuries are severe and the medical bills exceed $5,000.00 or involve a tractor trailer, you probably should hire a lawyer.
2. How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Last?
Again, the length of time that it will take to resolve your personal injury matter, either through settlement or trial in court, depends on the complexity of your case and on the length of time that it takes for you to obtain full medical treatment for your injuries. A settlement could take as little as three months or resolution by trial could take several years.
3. Should I Give A Recorded Statement To My Insurance Company After I Am Involved In A Car Accident?
You should eventually give your own insurance company a statement but if you have suffered from a serious injury, you should contact a lawyer before you give a statement.
4. Should I Seek Medical Treatment After I Am Injured In An Accident?
Yes, you should go to the hospital or to see your doctor if you are injured in an accident. If you are in pain, there is no reason to avoid obtaining medical care.
5. Will My Health Insurer Cover My Medical Bills For Injuries I Have Suffered As A Result Of An Accident?
If you have health insurance, then your health insurer should cover your medical treatment. Make sure that your health insurance pays the bills so that you do not end up with a hospital or other provider seeking payment out of your personal injury claim.
6. Should I Give The At-Fault Driver’s Insurance Company A Recorded Statement After I Have Been Involved In An Accident?
No, and you are not obligated to give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
About the Author Betty Nguyen Davis is an Atlanta attorney who solely focuses her practice on plaintiff’s personal injury work. Betty is consistently recognized by her peers as a top attorney in Georgia by Super Lawyers and Georgia Trend and is highly recommended by her clients as a aggressive and persistent, yet caring and accessible attorney.